http://www.nextgenroms.com

New users please head to https://www.nextgenroms.com

Replace MP4 to reduce game size

Tips , Tricks , How-to .etc can be posted here.
TheQuietOne
SuperModerator
SuperModerator
Cash on hand: Locked

Replace MP4 to reduce game size

Postby TheQuietOne Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:13 am

This is probably already known, but I came up with this idea recently, tried it a few times and it works great, so I thought I'd share.
Basically, I was trying games I wanted to play but didn't necessarily care about cutscene videos. (like jetsetrado) Turns out this game was perfect for the experiment. The game contains a very small mp4 logo video. It also contains a rather large promo type video. Who needs that? So i copied the logo video, renamed it to the promo video and it worked! I used the same video from the Hooked On fishing game. This game has 8 mp4 videos that take up a lot of space. I made 8 copies of the logo video, renamed them all and replaced the respective Hooked On videos. It worked perfectly! Those 8 videos were all 100+ MB. The logo video from jetsetradio is around 5MB or less, can't remeber exactly, but that's a lot of saved space!

TL;DR Steps:
1. Get the small logo mp4 from jetsetradio or I assume any other small mp4 should work.
2. Keep the small mp4 in a safe place on your PC.
3. Find mp4 videos in the target game you wish to reduce.
4. Make as many copies of your small mp4 as there are videos to be replaced.
5. Rename your small mp4 copies to the exact name of the videos they will replace.
6. Delete the original videos and pack your newly renamed small mp4s into the game where the originals were.
7. Install the game and enjoy the extra space on your memory card.

I hope this helps anyone who is starved for space like me. :)
ImageImage
VinyLimaZ

Re: Replace MP4 to reduce game size

Postby VinyLimaZ Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:24 pm

Imagine how funny it is if I change the all videos for xxx videos HAHAHAHAHA
Cutscene = fap time
HAHAHAHAHAAHAHA

ps: Vita shrink do that better than do manually
Add me for a COOP :D
TheQuietOne
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby TheQuietOne Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:04 pm

I have never used Vita Shrink, so still doing manually. BTW, found the perfect vid to use for dummying. It is contained within Attack On Titan. There's vids within the movie folder that are 40.8kb. A one second blank vid. Reduced the AOT movie folder from 1.55gb to 3.66mb.
This took the VPK version from 2.41gb to 873mb not sure of the actual installed size, but DAAAAAAMN! XD :banana-dance:
ImageImage
spiral2k

Postby spiral2k Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:24 pm

Return to “Tutorials”