Tips , Tricks , How-to .etc can be posted here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Kanon Schreiber
- Active Member
- Posts: 17
- Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:02 am
- Cash on hand: Locked
This guide will cover wireless file transfer via FTP
WHAT YOU NEED
- PS Vita on 3.60 (with Henkaku Installed) with inserted Memory Card
- Internet Connection / Wi-Fi Needed
- Device connected to Wi-Fi (PC or Laptop)
POWER SAVE SETTINGS
You do not want your PSV going on sleep mode while transferring files
causing an interruption may leading to a corrupted file.
- Access the [Settings] bubble, select [Power Save Settings]
- Set the [Standby Mode] to [30 minutes]
WHAT IS FTP
Short for File Transfer Protocol. In Layman's term, the concept is pretty simple.
You are connecting both devices into the same network through Wi-Fi.
ENABLING FTP ON YOUR PSV
- Open [VitaShell], access the ux0 directory, then press [SELECT] button.
- Take note of the IP Address and Port of your PSV
- In this example, it is: ftp://192.168.1.106:1337
- Press 'OK' to keep it running on the background.
ACCESSING THE UX0 DIRECTORY (ON PC)
Make sure that the your PC & PSV is connected to the same WiFi network
- Open any window ( My Computer / My Documents ) etc
- On the address bar, type the FTP Address of your PSV
- Hit [Enter] and you will see a window like this:
- Open the [ux0] folder
- Copy and Paste the [.vpk] game file that you downloaded into this directory
or you may create a folder named VPK and paste it there.
Note that the transfer will take time depending on the file size. Be patient.
Do not turn off the PC and/or PSV at this point or risk a corrupted file
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
Login with your VitaPiracy.com account (if you registered before 12 February) @ our new community for 3DS , Switch , PS3 , PS4 discussions and downloads.