Conveluted Forums

If you have some comments, ideas or concerns regarding this community, please feel free to post them here.
CymraegAce
SuperModerator
SuperModerator
Cash on hand: Locked

Conveluted Forums

Postby CymraegAce Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:56 am

This is two parted, a question for staff and a question for users:

To the staff; whats the reasoning/rationale behind the seperate sub forums for Updates & DLC.?

To the users; do you find this useful or arkward.?

Personally, I find it very unappealing to have to navigate multiple subs and threads in order to grab a complete release...

Interested to hear the comments..
"I never make stupid mistakes. Only very, very clever ones." - John Peel
TheQuietOne
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Re: Conveluted Forums

Postby TheQuietOne Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:01 am

Agreed. Updates and dlc usually go hand in hand, so separating the two isn't really necessary.
ImageImage
Vita Queen
SuperModerator
SuperModerator
Bank: Locked

Postby Vita Queen Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:44 am

I haven't begone to explore that side of things in a I have a hacked Vita sense (and not in a forum one), but it does seem a little weird to me. I would rather have everything all in one thread and if it can't be helped then links should be included in the dump game thread which will send the user to the respective additional content for the dump.
TheQuietOne
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby TheQuietOne Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:02 am

Vita Queen wrote:I haven't begone to explore that side of things in a I have a hacked Vita sense (and not in a forum one), but it does seem a little weird to me. I would rather have everything all in one thread and if it can't be helped then links should be included in the dump game thread which will send the user to the respective additional content for the dump.

:clap: Exactly along the same lines of what I would like to see happen!
ImageImage
DarkenedMatter
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby DarkenedMatter Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:24 am

I agree about the updates being included in the release but I also feel like the US, EU and JP releases could use some sorting method rather than using search bar to find it.

Although the vita is region free I still prefer only using US release on my Vita and the backups area of the forums is littered with EU, JP releases imo compared to US.
Vita Queen
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby Vita Queen Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:33 am

DarkenedMatter wrote:I agree about the updates being included in the release but I also feel like the US, EU and JP releases could use some sorting method rather than using search bar to find it.

Although the vita is region free I still prefer only using US release on my Vita and the backups area of the forums is littered with EU, JP releases imo compared to US.

If someone dumps the Japanese version of Gravity Rush and dumped the DLC and/or updates then they can either make it an all-in-one thread that has all the content available to the user for that Japanese release, or they can link them to all the extra content that resides in its own thread in a different section of the forum, which would also be for the Japanese release.
TheQuietOne
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby TheQuietOne Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:50 am

Just to add another idea, i dont know how it can be done, but i wish there was a way to sort post by op instead of someone posting on a thread making it rise to the top. Example: new dumps get posted but old games stay at the front of the list because people are still commenting on those old posts. Thats fine, i just with there was a way to view things from newest to oldest as far as when the thread was posted originally, not sorting by latest comment.
ImageImage
ckv1212
I fix things (._. )
I fix things (._.  )

Postby ckv1212 Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:45 am

Some interesting suggestions here. I will implement them once I have time tomorrow. But about the separate updates and DLC forums. Those were requested to be like that by members during the initial stages of this website. I don't mind merging the forums but I too would like to know what people like. Maybe we will create a poll :)
Read the rules ,Its not long .
BTC Address for donations : 1PYUL7RLx1YKLJwLAq1UXGUdDGzCH5KFLF
Everything goes towards the site. This website is not run for profit.
Follow VitaPiracy on Twitter to stay updated
Vita Queen
SuperModerator
SuperModerator

Postby Vita Queen Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:16 pm

After some thinking I've come to a conclusion and it has more to do with the entire forum in general than one section. Some sections should be with others and some should be made into sub-sections, and because they aren't, my index finger could probably bench press a coffee table due to all the scrolling I'm doing. I propose the following:

General Discussion & Announcements
-Announcements
-- Forum Feedback & Suggestions
- General Vita Discussion
-- Introductions

PS Vita
- News
- Tutorials
- Game Backups
-- Torrents
-- Updates, Patches, DLC, and Add-ons (as touched on in this thread)
- Game Requests
- Cheats

PS1/PSP
- PSP Backups
- PSP Homebrew
- PS1 Backups

Miscellaneous
- Off-Topic
- Junkyard

As you can see, PS3 backups has been removed entirely, because let's be honest with each other. It's not like we can run backups of PS3 games on our PS Vitas unlike the other two Sony extras we have on the forum. It also has zero posts which is telling of how popular it will be over time. Continuing on, we could also possibly add a section for PSP homebrew which is still kicking if I recall correctly.

Junkyard is something that I believe will be used less and less over time despite the increased amount of backups that will be uploaded. MEGA is a very reliable service and as long as we have members on top of their own uploads then there shouldn't be enough broken dumps and dumps with dead links to require a Junkyard in the main position of the forum. If I'm wrong then it can simply be added back but I don't see any reason for it to be publicly visible, or even in the main area of the forum. The forum staff could have exclusive rights to see and use it, and can simply move the bad uploads on the forum to the hidden section.

Furthermore, Jokes & Banter has been changed to "Off-Topic" to broaden its purpose and subsequent appeal. Overall, this will be confusing at first to navigate since we're all used to the forum as it is now but I believe this will be better in the long run. It's cleaner, more concise, and most of all more organized.

Edit: Two "-" indicate a sub-section. One "-" indicates a main section. Forum Feedback & Suggestions is a sub-section to Announcements as it is below it.
ImplyingVitaPiracy

Postby ImplyingVitaPiracy Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:21 pm

You can access practically all the PSP games over at emuparadise, so I don't see the purpose in the PSP backup section.

Return to “Community Feedback”